Sunday 18 May 2014

Gamma Correction

As the film is very dark, it was important to both me and Mikey that the audience could still see and appreciate what was going on within the film. Our main problem was that Mikey was working on a Windows laptop, and I on a Mac...which as it turns out read colours very differently so seeing as I would oversee the Post Production on my machine, I would receive Mikey's shots considerably darker that intended. Therefore I took on the role of Gamma Correcting each shot within the film to achieve some lighter tones in the action- with either the characters or the props. This then returned the shots to how Mikey originally intended for them to be shown. Below is an example of the work produced and a work in progress on shot 10.



Shot 10 as originally lit (lighter on a Windows Computer screen) 


After being Gamma corrected on a Mac Screen. 


The attribute settings to which we used for the majority of the shots. 




No comments:

Post a Comment