Wednesday 16 April 2014

Animation

Whilst Harley is Animating his portion of shots for the film, below is an update of my progress.



On the Jackhammer Gag, I consulted one of our tutors over the Easter period and she gave me a couple of pointers on the body posing - and perhaps having more unstable feet, emphasising his stability with the powerful tool. 


I enlisted the help of second year - Patrick Collins to assist me with the Chainsaw Gag. I felt a little less confident of how to approach this shot. We always had a clear vision of how we wished for it to play out, chainsaw cutting a hole in the ground - man falls through, chainsaw follows -  but we wanted to inject a real opportunity for some flavour - lovely arcs, and a more expanded sense of performance, and credit to Patrick he especially opened my eyes to this. He blocked out the initial shot, and how the man could really be pushed proportionally (breaking the rig once or twice in the process) but he had a bit of fun piecing that together and figuring that out and i'm massively thankful. When it came to it however, some issues with timing followed. The man didn't spin around fast enough at all, and so i took it upon myself to just alter the timing of the performance, however this took up some of my own time and drained me of other duties to the film, so I handed the shot over to Harley further down the line to just complete. And he has done so. So with 3 animators tackling the shot, combining our knowledge and what we thought we could bring to the shot, we have brought it to life.

(See Patricks blog/show reel for Poses and thumb nails)


Above is Patricks Blocked out shot in Stepped preview mode. Which basically means the shot is not inbetweened, so the inbetweens had arms and legs flapping all over the place. 

Below is a refined version that Harley and I worked on. 




From here on, it will be Alice's role to cut a hole in the ground for the man to fall through. 


No comments:

Post a Comment