Wednesday 12 March 2014

Dynamite Sequence

I animated the first half of the dynamite gag sequence in which the explosion lever fails to work. This sequence cuts between two moments, the facial reaction of the man, and his hands pressing the lever -and the sequences intensify with frustration and confusion the more that the man's initial intentions are foiled. Below I have included a few spacing charts I thumbed out and some thumbnails of the sequences to make sure we could get it right. Sequence video's are in order. 

Composition thumb




I was advised by my tutors to really PULL that lever up, so that in a nice, cartoony way it didn't necessarily make sense, but that was ok to really push the action to work. 












I was advised to REALLY go for this one, really get it moving really fast, but still retaining a plausibility to it. I'm glad this was taken on board by myself and the team, as it really was fun to work with. 

Harley will then take the rest of this gag and animate it for himself. 





No comments:

Post a Comment