Friday 18 October 2013

Zoo Primary 'Monkey' Drawing - Moleskine Notebook









I and a few friends interested in developing their observational drawing skills decided to take a trip to  the Zoo where we could draw an array of different types of Monkeys. Some of these drawings ran away with themselves
and turned into more stylised stuff I do with animation yes, but I had a tremendous time trying to keep up
with the animals and draw as fast as they were moving. So it only turned into drawing toons when I failed to catch them in real life!  It's been good for me to practice with this, and also look at the anatomy of these creatures and how this may translate into not only the Animation wor itself, but also in developing the character model and the rig. It's giving me a better understanding of where I may need to put more geometry on the character models in order to allow for greater bending of limb-measure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment